In every PMU procedure our body will undergo the healing process. No down time is required after microblading procedure. It takes approximately 7-14 days for the brows to heal over, and about 1 month for the color to fully set in. The most important thing to remember before, during, and especially after your first microblading procedure is that the color will look very dark at first. You’ll notice the color is very light right after the two weeks after healing; the skin will have an opaque milky looking quality to it. Many are a bit uneasy and have many questions about this period. Keep in mind, essentially these procedures are creating tiny wounds in our skin as our bodies’ natural defense will repair the wound.
Here’s what to expect:
- Day 1: Your brows will look detailed and some redness may occur.
- Day 2-3: Normally, you will not see too much change in this period. You may experience some redness or feel swollen.
- Day 4: Color will become darker.
- Day 5-6: Don’t panic during this stage! This is when scabs are starting to show. It is not recommended to peel them off as it affects the healing process. The color may become weak, this is still part of the healing period.
- Day 7-10: Scabs start to flake off and you will see some patchiness. This is normal, DO NOT pick it. Let it naturally fall off on its own.
- Day 11-14: Scabs will be completely gone and the color will be lighter.
Normally, it takes a full 3 weeks before its final result. It is crucial to follow the aftercare instructions provided by your artist to achieve the best result.
Microblading healing process is filled with ups and downs. But don’t let it scare you, let it encourage you to achieve the prettiest eyebrows you’ve ever wanted. The physical part of healing process is only part of the journey. Because your brows are such a huge part of your self confidence.